Yesterday I logged in to my Office365 and I immediately thought : “Wow, that looks nice”. It is not often that I am struck by a beautiful page, so I decided to write about it.
This is it:
First good impressions:
- The small top bar is much larger now and that really looks good. It must be my Raspberry theme, although it also looks cool with Cats 🙂
- The welcome message is nice, although I know it is calculated from my timezone and my account. Still, it looks vibrant and cheerful.
- Your most recent documents are displayed underneath.
- You immediately see you can install software. On iPad, you can download Office apps.
What would I like to see as improvements?
- It would be nice if you could also search for other things than documents. I am trying to wean myself (and my colleagues) of documents where possible, and this does not help.
- That also goes for the recent documents underneath the apps. I would like to see my unread email, or my unread Yammer messages, or the Tasks due today, as well as documents. If Office365 is going to be my Digital Workplace, it should display more than just documents.
- A little badge on each app to show the number of unread messages, or new tasks, or something like that, would also be nice!
- The coloured bar overlaps the profile picture a little, so that needs some tweaking.
And this is the page as it used to look (on a different tenant) or still looks, if you are not on First Release.
All in all, I quite like this change and I think it can be made even better!